MC Multi Combination Truck Licence
A MC (Multi Combination) is a vehicle towing more than 1 trailer. You must have held a HR or HC licence for at least 12 months to be eligible.
- Any prime mover attached to a semi-trailer or a rigid vehicle towing a trailer with a GVM of more than 9 tonnes plus any unladen converter dolly.
- Also includes vehicles in class HR.
- Have held a Class MR or HR licence for at least one year.
- P2 licence holders cannot upgrade to this licence
- Complete the Roads and Maritime Service Rigid knowledge test and obtain a Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA) logbook and guidebook.
Applicants will receive 12 hours training and assessments time; if found competent then proceed for final competence test; however a 48 hours notice is required by Roads and Maritime Services for the final competency to be conducted.
During the course, applicants will learn and perform the following competencies and tasks:
- Pre Operational Checks
- Cabin Drill
- Start, Move Off, Shut Down & Secure
- Manage Steering
- Manage Gears
- Manage Brakes
- Manage Accelerator
- Create/Maintain Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Protect Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Road Rules & Directions
- Hill Stop/Start
- Load Securing
- Bus Stop Procedure- BUS ONLY
- Final Competency Test
- Summative Assessment